Welcome to Herefordshire Carers Support
Herefordshire Carers Support exists to ensure that carers are universally recognised as fundamental to the communities in which they live and to ensure that there is a balance between their caring responsibilities and their lives outside their caring role.
WE DO THIS BY:
- Actively involving carers to tell us what services they wish to receive.
- Sharing our knowledge and skills to inform others about best practice.
- Promoting the participation of carers in their communities by recognising and overcoming the barriers that they face.
- Participating in the development of policies that enhance equality and thereby challenging discrimination.
- Working in partnership with other voluntary, statutory and private organisations.
- Efficiently delivering services that are of a high quality and work across professional and administrative boundaries.
Our Services are linked to the following outcomes:
- Carers have access to appropriate, relevant and accurate information.
- Carers have recognition and respect for their role and offered an assessment in their own right.
- Carers have access to a support system that includes cover for emergencies.
- Professionals in Health and social services recognise and respect carers in their role.
- Carers have financial security through access to work and benefits.
- Carers have access to training to develop skills and lifelong learning.
- Carers have a choice about maintaining the carer role and a choice of support options.
- Young carers will achieve the standards of Every Child Matters.