Herefordshire Carers Support exists to ensure that carers are universally recognised as fundamental to the communities in which they live and to ensure that there is a balance between their caring responsibilities and their lives outside their caring role.
We aim to fulfil our mission by:
- Actively involving carers to tell us what services they wish to receive.
- Sharing our knowledge and skills to inform others about best practice.
- Promoting the participation of carers in their communities by recognising and overcoming the barriers that they face.
- Participating in the development of policies that enhance equality and thereby challenging discrimination.
- Working in partnership with other voluntary, statutory and private organisations.
- Efficiently delivering services that are of a high quality and work across professional and administrative boundaries.
Our Services are linked to the following outcomes:
- Carers have access to appropriate, relevant and accurate information
- Carers have recognition and respect for their role and are offered an assessment in their own right
- Carers have access to a support system that includes cover for emergencies
- Professionals in Health and social services recognise and respect carers in their role
- Carers have financial security through access to work and benefits
- Carers have access to training to develop skills and lifelong learning
- Carers have a choice about maintaining the carer role and a choice of support options
- Young carers will achieve the standards of Every Child Matters