The Herefordshire Football Association are delivering a workshop specifically for people interested in coaching or currently working with adults/children with disabilities or learning needs.
This workshop is designed to give football coaches, parents, carers and teacher’s ideas and practices for the inclusion of players with disabilities and learning needs in football sessions whether in mainstream or impairment specific sessions. Minimal football knowledge is required.
The workshop is 3 hours CPD and covers both theory and practical elements. At the end of the workshop each participant should be able to meet some of the following outcomes:
- Apply and extend your existing coaching skills and experience to meet the needs of players with a range of impairments including learning needs.
- Establish basic communication skills for coaching disabled footballers.
- Use appropriate terminology
- Identify appropriate safety and medical considerations
- Plan a small range of coaching sessions for disabled footballers
- Using the Inclusion Spectrum, plan your coaching sessions to include disabled players or provide alternative appropriate opportunities
- Understand the player pathways available for disabled players including the appropriate structure for competition.
Wednesday 18th November 2015, 6pm – 9pm at The Point 4, Venns Lane, Hereford, HR1 1DT
To book a place visit http://eventspace.thefa.com/herefordshirefa/participant/arrangement.aspx?id=144278 or contact Jodie.Williams@Herefordshirefa.com / 01432 342179
Football Development Officer, Herefordshire Football Association