Herefordshire Council and its Health partners have established a project to develop a Multiagency Integrated Pathway for Children with Disabilities. All agencies have also agreed that the development of the pathway would be in line with the Early Support principles.
The aims of this project are to provide or support:
- Direct assistance to children and families as they engage in the service supporting greater choice and control;
- A ‘Tell us once’ approach and coordinated assessments;
- Timely assessments and reviews which are holistic, integrating requirements for SEND, Health and LAC;
- Planning for key transition points;
- Focus on outcomes – significant shift in focus from inputs to outcomes.
- Single point of contact – the development of an integrated pathway for disability will identify this.
The project was discussed at the recent Parent Carer Voice meeting where it was felt that the current service provision should be audited against these Early Support principles. This would help to identify those parts of the current system which are working well and those that aren’t . To this end we are requesting that both staff working in the services and Families receiving services complete the form.
They would therefore be grateful if you could complete this form by ticking the appropriate box for each of the ten principles. Please click only one box for each principle.
NB If you would like to complete this electronically you will need to email us your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can email a word version back to you. Please remember to save the changes before returning the form. Forms should be returned to email@example.com by close of play on 4 December.