Take control of your care with Direct Payments
If you are eligible for care and support from the Council, you will be offered a personal budget in the form of a Direct Payment.
Direct payments can offer:
- Easy access to services
If you or someone you care for has been assessed by social care services as needing care and support services you may be able to get direct payments.
We can make direct payments to:
- Elderly people who need community care services
- Carers aged 16 and over
- People with parental responsibility for a disabled child
- Disabled parents for children’s services
- Disabled people aged 16 or over (with short or long term needs)
What can direct payments be used for?
You can use direct payments to:
- Employ your own staff to help with your personal care needs and running your home
- Buy services from a social care agency
- Maintain your relationships and social activities
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle
- Arrange short breaks
- Get equipment for your home
People who have savings and capital above £23,250 are not eligible for financial assistance towards non-residential care services from Herefordshire Council.
Have you been to the attraction above?
Let others know your experienceClick here to submit your review.