Does your Doctor know and support you as a Carer?
GPs are in touch with carers every day either as patients or on behalf of those they care for. There are lots of things that can be done to make GP surgeries and their staff more carer friendly and create an environment where carers are identified and supported to look after their own health and care for their loved one.
14 surgeries out of the 24 are signed up to Herefordshire Carers Support’s Carers Charter and have designated Carers Leads in each surgery.
When family Carers are well supported by their GP and the staff at the surgery it makes a world of difference.
Does your GP surgery:
- Offer flexible appointment times, priority time slots for carers or home visits for carers?
- Encourage carers to identify themselves?
- Have posters in the surgery about support available to Carers?
- Have a designated carer noticeboard in the waiting room?
- Include information about carers on the practice website, in the practice leaflets and in practice newsletters?
2016 GP and GP practice nominations NOW OPEN
We want to find out how your GP and their Practice Team offers you support as a Carer. Our 2016 GP and GP nominations is the perfect opportunity for you to have your say, good or bad about your GP and GP practice. Nominations close 28 October 2016.