Main changes to Benefit Rates for 2017/2018
- Many rates of benefit remain frozen due to the Welfare Cap.
- There is a small increase in disability benefits.
- Pensioner benefits to rise in line with the ‘triple lock’.
- Changes to Universal Credit including a decrease in the earnings taper from 65% to 63%, removal of the first child element and changes for up to 2 children only.
- Child Tax Credit changes for up to 2 children only and the removal of the family element/ higher child element under Universal Credit.
- The loss of the WRAC component of ESA and equivalent in Universal Credit.
- The reduction in the Benefit Cap for those in London and the larger reductions outside of London.
- The Carer’s Allowance Earnings Rule will be increased from £110 to £116 a week.
- Non-Dependant Deductions (NDDs) will also be up-rated in line with prices.
The poster will be finalised in April 2017.