Connecting Carers Advisor
26 hours per week | £15,548 per annum
Have you got the motivation to:
- help the vital but invisible workforce of up to 35,000 unpaid Carers across Herefordshire?
- make a difference to people who are just trying to do the best by their partners, children, friends and relatives, often in very difficult circumstances and at great cost to their own lives and health?
Do you have:
- excellent communication skills
- a true listening ear
- some experience or knowledge of health, social care and/or of being a Carer yourself
This job will see you working with our small friendly staff team on our telephone helpline and webchat, offering information, advice and contacts to connect Carers to the right resources, including other Carers and relevant organisations or professionals who can support them in their caring role. You need to be well-organised, a team worker and happy working with Windows based computer programmes and email. You will receive training on our specialist database system. This post is currently funded for one year from 1 April 2018.
We are keen for our staff team to reflect the variety of different groups of Carers in Herefordshire and so we welcome applications from Carers & former Carers (18+), from men, from the farming community and from people from minority communities, such as Travellers, black and minority ethnic groups or asylum seekers.
Closing date 12 noon Monday 19 March 2018. Please note interviews will be held on Wednesday 21 March 2018.
Please call or email Rachel Wilkins for further information and applications or download them now.
- Job Description
- Application Form
- Equality and Diversity Form
- Welcome Leaflet
- Keeping in Touch (KIT) Magazine _Winter ’18
Herefordshire Carers Support is the county’s leading charity aiming to support unpaid Carers, whatever their age and whatever the situation of their cared-for person.