30 Jan Basic First Aid
This first aid course will enable Carers to minimise the risks arising from health emergencies, summon help & give adequate and efficient First Aid to a casualty.
This First Aid for Carers course deals with accidents and injuries particularly common in the elderly and other groups of people with special needs and requirements. However we can design this course to match you specific requirements tailored exactly to your needs.
- Understand the role and responsibilities of an emergency first aider
- Know how to assess an incident
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally
- Be able to recognise and assist a casualty who is choking
- Be able to manage a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
- Be able to manage a casualty who is in shock
- Understand how to manage a casualty with a minor injury