WHAT IS INVOLVED?
You’ll cover things like: Regulations and Responsibilities, Spinal Function, Adopting a Good Posture, Principle of Biomechanics, Risk Assessment, Assisted Walking, Hoists and Slings, Sit to Stand Transfer, Unsafe Manoeuvres
Course outcomes include:
- Outcome 1: Understand anatomy and physiology in relation to moving and positioning individuals.
- Outcome 2: Understand legislation and agreed ways of working when moving and positioning individuals.
- Outcome 3: Be able to minimise risk before moving and positioning individuals.
- Outcome 4: Be able to prepare individuals before moving and positioning.
- Outcome 5: Be able to move and position an individual.
- Outcome 6: Know when to seek advice from and/or involve others when moving and positioning an individual.
For more information or to book a place contact us.
View other information and awareness courses available to registered Carers.