06 Oct Be aware of Scammers and Spammers!
Be aware of Scammers and Spammers!
A couple of Carers have recently called to inform us of some email scams and bogus phone calls they have received. In an effort to protect our Carers and visitors to our website we have created this post to inform and educate users of some of the tactics currently being used by scammers and spammers worldwide.
Here’s the link to an informative page on Microsoft’s website: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/safety/online-privacy/phishing-scams.aspx
Some general hints and tips:
- Don’t give your personal details to strangers (address, phone number, full name).
- Don’t send explicit pictures of yourself to strangers.
- Don’t open emails or attachments from people/organisations you don’t know or have never dealt with before.
- Don’t add people on social media you don’t know.
- Never meet someone in person who you’ve only met online.
- Talk to a trusted friend or Carer if you see or read anything online that upsets you or makes you feel unsafe.
- Little book of BIG scams (by West Mercia Police)
To inform us of a spam/scam email that you have received in relation to our HCS website (including our DESH (2nd hand Disability Equipment) site) please call 01432 356068 or email us via [email protected]rssupport.org and we will be more than happy to advise you.