25 May A carers’ manifesto
With a snap general election called, Carers UK have five top priorities that carers might want to see from a future Government. These are based on years of evidence, consultation and involvement with carers.
- To ensure that carers and our families do not suffer financial hardship as a result of caring
- To ensure that there is sufficient funding so that older and disabled people get the care we need and which is affordable
- To ensure carers are able to juggle work and care, returning to work if we wish
- To create a more ‘Carer Friendly’ NHS
- We are all better prepared for caring and can get support early to look after our own health and wellbeing
Read more at ..https://www.carersuk.org/news-and-campaigns/carers-manifesto