Adult Carers

You are an unpaid carer if you support a family member or friend who is ill, disabled, elderly, has mental health issues or substance misuse problems.

The support you offer may be emotional or include shopping, cooking, dealing with medication, or attending medical appointments with the person you care for.

The person you care for could live with you, in their own home, or even in residential care.

Parent Carers

A Parent Carer is anyone (over 18) who has parental responsibility and provides care and support to a child under 18 who is ill, has a disability or any additional needs.

As a parent caring for a child with disabilities and/or special needs and requirements can be very rewarding. But even when you willingly take on the task it’s still hard work.

Young Adult Carers

If you are aged between 16 and 25 years of age and you help look after a relative, partner or friend with a disability or long-term condition who can’t manage without your help then the answer is ‘Yes’.  You are a Young Adult Carer.

You might be managing perfectly well with a  strong network of help and support around you.  If this is the case, we’d still like to hear from you.  Your story and experiences could encourage someone else who isn’t coping do well to seek support.

If you are caring for someone and feel anxious, stressed, worried or alone – please contact us.  You can call or email and one of us will get back to you for an informal chat to find out how we can help.

Please send us your stories, you can write your story, create a blog or do a recording.

Listening to others who have shared the same experiences and feelings can really help.